Are you going through loss? How to Triumph over Loss - Christians Portal

Are you going through loss? How to Triumph over Loss

Share This

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. —Isaiah 26:3 ESV

Upon being notified of the tragedy at sea, and the loss of his children, Horatio Spafford immediately set sail for Wales to be reunited with his heartbroken wife. Once at sea, Spafford asked the captain to point out exactly where the Ville du Havre had sunk.

When the ship crossed that fateful spot, the grief-stricken father sat with pen in hand and wrote what was to become one of Christendom’s most beloved and long-lasting hymns, "It Is Well with My Soul":

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
(Refrain)
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages